UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO at BOULDER Boulder, CO
B.S., Journalism: News-Editorial Emphasis Dec 2012
Atmospheric & Oceanic Science Minor
THE ROBESONIAN Lumberton, NC
Reporter Feb 2013 – Oct 2013
- Report on city council meetings and local events.
- Write crime reports and crime stories.
- Write profile and feature stories.
- Copy edit stories.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS Boulder, CO
Student Editor Oct 2012 – Dec 2012
- Edit event submissions before adding them to the university events
- Publish and promote events on the university events calendar
- Write news stories on faculty and campus events
BOULDER WEEKLY Boulder, CO
Editorial Intern Aug 2012 – Dec 2012
- Pitch and develop story ideas with editors
- Report on local environmental news and write feature cuisine stories
- Copy edit articles
- Compose short briefs on environmental news and food happenings in the region
- Update show times for local movie theaters
303MAGAZINE.COM Denver, CO
Editorial Intern July 2012 – Feb 2013
- Copy edit blog articles
- Incorporate SEO’s and scannable content into blog posts
- Communicate with writers by sending out weekly assignment reminders and feedback
- Post on social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Participate in monthly team meetings
DELICIOUS LIVING MAGAZINE Boulder, CO
NEW HOPE NATURAL MEDIA May 2012 – Aug 2012
- Fact checked articles.
- Uploaded print content onto the web.
- Interviewed experts and professionals in the field for health column.
- Wrote articles about health, food and supplements.
THE LAST OCEAN Boulder, CO
Social Media Intern Jan 2012 – May 2012
- Managed and updated Twitter account.
- Monitored and updated Facebook page.
CU INDEPENDENT Boulder, CO
News Reporter Jan 2011 – Oct 2011
- Pitched weekly news and story ideas to the newspaper.
- Wrote news stories and articles on issues primarily related to the university.
- Wrote breaking news stories.
THE BOULDER TODAY Boulder, CO
News Reporter Aug 2011 – Oct 2011
- Wrote monthly feature articles on issues related to student life.
Able to research, interview and report various news stories, including but not limited to breaking news, trends, profiles, cuisine, the environment and features. Able to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, HTML and CSS coding. Expertise in various social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Fluent in English and Malay; Beginning Chinese and French